The mornings after break-ups are not the best ones to wake up to I suppose. Not one who seeks salvation in a bottle or in filter-packed, chemical dipped, smoke emitting cancer causer, I must have gone to sleep cause the body was too tiered to stay awake. Woke up by 11... dazed staring at the fan, the hand phone rings, I hope it was her, was not, but a friend from good ol' college days.
He had called to tell he had got engaged, wedding was a few months away. It was great news even for someone in my predicament. Then he asks, so have you met someone - OH!! the irony like splicing your skin then being made to swim in the sea. I say no, he goes on. He says he was talking about his friends from college to his ahem!! ahem!! and the conversation drifted to me.
He told her that once while in college the class had planned to go for a movie, but unfortunately he was not able to join us, so I happened to ask the class to postpone the plan so that he could also be accomadated.
He said that he had not thanked me then, neither was he thanking me now, he was feeling happy he had something nice to share with her and shared it with me too.
It was something I did not remember, little less did I think someone would keep in their mind and recall after 5 or 6 years. dont know why he called on that particualr morning, dont know why he chose to say this. I glad I am not all bad.
Sometimes idontunderstandppl and its not always a bad thing.
====================n i thing==========================
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"oorar pillaiyai ooti valathaal than pillai thaanae valarum"(feed the neighbours' kid and yours will feed on its own)... I guess thats not fair for love and war!!
ReplyDelete