Monday, October 12, 2009

Of Lunchtimes and Curiosities

It was lunch break at college and was settling at a seat opposite a classmate, it was the first or second day of college and we were in the process of getting to know each other. I casually happened to ask "so how are you leaving ?" Enquiring if she would use the bus or walk back to hostel. For which her reply was "Cant you see". It kinda put me off and I did not bother to dig further, needless to say it did have an affect on our relationship since we happened to speak little to each other throughout the first year.

Then one day before the 2nd semester exams we happened to find ourselves waiting outside our staff room, may be some last minute submission - i don't know for sure. Not having much in common we were not engaged in any meaningful conversation. Then she said "Nishanth, you seem to talk to everybody, why is it that we don't seem to be able to get along ?" I had no answer in particular then recalled the incident that unveiled in our canteen about a year ago. To which her answer was "Oh.. I thought I heard you ask, 'What are you eating..?"

We became better friends since then.

sometimes I do understand people. . . n i s h a n t h . . .

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just that you were not audible enough! ;) (Disclaimer: My comment only intend to lighten up this thought provoking blog)

    ReplyDelete